Microsoft Teams review
Microsoft Teams is a smart and capable team collaboration app that nicely integrates with the Office 365 product line. Access all your team’s most essential activities – calls, meetings, contacts, apps, and chats – directly from your mobile device.
The app’s interface design looks very professional and slick and can be customized with three different themes – light, dark, and high contrast. The two main vertical panels that split the main screen – contacts, and conversations – will surely look familiar to all Slack users.
Everything is very well arranged in a way that would facilitate your work with the software and make it more productive.
Key Functions 4/5
The functionality of the app is extensive and goes way beyond regular one-on-one online meetings and group discussions. The Teams application allows you to take advantage of many cool and useful features.
Here is just a short list of things you can do from within the mobile app:
- Start new or join the existing communication channels – “Teams”;
- Initiate or attend a virtual meeting or group discussion, share documents;
- Schedule meetings in your calendar that is synced with Outlook;
- Send out messages to multiple channels at a time;
- Access Microsoft Whiteboard for managing team’s projects;
- Personalize your messages with various customization aids;
- Create designated channels for private communication with your team members.
The layout of the Microsoft Teams app might look overly busy compared to other collaboration and communication apps. Navigating between numerous hyper-organized tabs and different channels can feel confusing at first.
It might take you a while to get the hang of what is what and how things work around here. Eventually, you will customize the interface to meet your team’s specific needs.
Cross-Platform Use 5/5
Microsoft Teams is available as a desktop app and a web-based solution. There are also Android and iOS mobile versions. They are a little trickier to use but can come in extremely handy when you have to stay in touch with your team on the go.